Can Acne be Prevented?
Frankly speaking, Acne cannot be prevented. However, unless you are going for the proven cures for acne, such as acne free in 3 days or Acne No More, you can strive to reduce the symptoms and to prevent the permanent scarring of your skin.
Here are some of the things you can do to control the symptoms:
• Ensure that your hands remain away from your face.
• Do not ever pick the pimples. It worsens the condition and often leads to infections.
• You have to stop using all oil based creams and cosmetics.
• If you use makeup, always remember to remove your makeup at night.
• For skin protection use a non-oil based sunscreen.
• In order to reduce acne conditions on your head, use shamppo regularly.
• Pursue a well balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables, grains, meat and dairy products.
• If you are taking drug treatment for Acne, use the prescribed medicines as instructed by you physician.
Factors That Make Acne Worse
• The changes in hormone levels in
adolescent girls and adult women
2 to 7 days before their menstrual
• Oil from skin products
(moisturizers or cosmetics) or
grease encountered in the work
environment (for example, a
kitchen with fry vats)
• Pressure from sports helmets
or equipment, backpacks, tight
collars, or tight sports uniforms
• Environmental irritants, such as
pollution and high humidity
• Hard scrubbing of the skin